Well we did it. We are done peeling, cutting, and stacking our wood!!!! It feels sooo good. Our pile of stacked cordwood is 172' feet long x 5' high x 1' deep. Those numbers equal 6.7 cords of wood. We calculated that we would need about 6 cords, so we are sitting comfortable now.
Above and below is all the cedar stacked up. Doesn't it look great.
This spring has been one of the driest on record. There has been extremely high fire danger in the area and we even had a fire close to the land. But we are not complaining of the warm and
dry weather for working and drying our wood. We finished the wood processing, got our piles stacked and covered, and then the rain came. We sure are lucky. A local guy in town had this tin for covering our piles and it works great.
Since all the wood was cut and stacked and it was raining, we took a couple of days off from the land. Cory found these on his days off. I think we will incorporate them into the house somehow.
Next in line is to start our dirt work for the concrete slab and get our right away cleared for power. We have also been working on an 8x12 stick framed shed but more on that later.